- Ranked #1 most innovative school by US News in 2017!
- Transfer up to 90 credits toward the BSN, with a minimum of 30 credits completed at SNHU
- Complete your undergraduate degree at your own pace, over six 9-week terms per year
- Accelerated learning. Earn your BSN in as little as one year.
- Increase your earning potential. RNs with BSNs earn 43% more than those without a bachelor's degree according to the Nurses Journal.
- Free iPad. All students receive an iPad to access classes from anywhere.
- Learn from a top nursing school. Sacred Heart University is recognized by U.S. News as a top university.
- Build upon existing education. You can transfer up to 90 credits from previous college courses.
- Get support on your schedule. Sacred Heart's classes are designed for working RNs and provide one-on-one support to online students.
- Ultimate flexibility. Capella's signature FLEXPATH curriculum lets you learn at your pace, maintain a full-time job and apply knowledge in the field immediately.
- Simple, affordable tuition. You can earn your MSN in as little as 12 to 18 months and pay a flat tuition rate every 12 weeks, no matter how many classes you take.
- Personalized support. Capella focuses on student success with FlexPath coaches, instructors and tutors every step of the way.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that nursing careers are projected to grow much faster than most other professions in the years to come. The rapid growth is due to several factors, namely a sizable population of aging baby boomers and the expansion of U.S. healthcare coverage levels under the Affordable Care Act.
This nursing career portal will use data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the American Association of College Nursing (AACN) and the American Job Center Online (O-Net) to explore salary growth, job outlook and educational/certification requirements, and other factors that pertain to the following nursing professions. Click on each Read More link to learn more about the nursing career:
|CAREER||MINIMUM DEGREE REQUIRED||CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS||MEAN SALARY (U.S., 2012)||READ MORE|
|Nursing Assistant (CNA)||High school diploma||State certification exam||$25,620||Read more about CNAs|
|Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)||LPN/LVN state certification program (one year)||State certification exam||$42,400||Read more about LPNs/LVNs|
|Registered Nurse (RN)||Associate Degree in Nursing (2-3 years)||NCLEX exam, state RN license||$67,930||Read more about RNs|
|Nurse Practitioner (NP)||Master of Science in Nursing||RN license, NP credentialing exam||$91,450||Read more about NPs|
|Nurse Midwife (CNM)||Master of Science in Nursing||RN license, CNM credentialing exam||$91,070||Read more about CNMs|
|Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)||Master of Science in Nursing||RN license, CRNA credentialing exam||$154,390||Read more about CRNAs|
|Nursing Instructor/Teacher||Master of Science or Doctorate of Nursing Practice||CNE credential||$68,640||Read more about Nurse Instructors|